Tue, Nov 21|
21st: B8-Banana Pudding, 28th: B7-Butter
Advanced Git Workshop (Nov 21 & 28)
This 2-day workshop will give you the knowledge and confidence to handle complex Git-related issues.
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
21st: B8-Banana Pudding, 28th: B7-Butter, Yunitsman St 5, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
About the event
Before registration, Please make sure you can attend on both - November 21 & 28
About the workshop:
This 2-day Git workshop is brought to you by our very own Sergey Ilyevsky, Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Infra Team.
We use Git daily and are well familiar with it. But how well do you actually know Git? How should we resolve conflicts? Should we use merge or rebase? How do we fix things when some harm was done to a repo?
The Advanced Git Workshop answers these and many other questions. Sergey explains how Git works and covers many commands and options that are often overlooked. This workshop will give you the knowledge and confidence to handle complex Git-related issues and will help you to work more efficiently, in general.
- Git internals (Git database and plumbing commands)
- Common challenging use cases (resolving conflicts, merging, rebasing, reverting, and more)
- Overview of lesser-known but useful Git commands and options (worktree, stash, diff, log, and more)
- A lot of demos and exercises for each topic
- Basic knowledge of Git
Mac laptop (sorry, no PCs for this workshop) with the following installed:
- Git version 2.27 or higher
- NodeJS version 16 or higher
- iTerm2 - highly recommended
See you there!